One of the most in-demand skills on the job market today is data science. Whether writing code for machine learning algorithms or using advanced analytics to determine where to open a new branch, people with the aptitude for harnessing data should continue to have very bright prospects in the workforce, both here in the United States and around the world.<!- mfunc feat_school ->
It is estimated by IBM there will 364,000 more data analytics job openings in 2020 than 2019, for a total of 2,720,000. (IBM.com). To fill the gap, employers will look beyond data scientists and fill these jobs with various types of data analysts, engineers, and data and privacy security specialists. IBM also reports demand for data analysts, data scientists and data engineers will grow 39% in 2020.
This scholarship is an ideal way for data science & analytics students to help fund their important educational pursuits in this exciting and evolving field! — Jen Hood, Data Analytics Expert and Founder of The Career Force
Masters of Business Analytics.com is offering a bi-annual $2,000 scholarship to students who plan to pursue or are currently working toward a business analytics degree either bachelor’s or master’s in data science or related field. Individuals must be enrolled full-time or part-time, in the current year in a relevant U.S.-based campus or online degree program, such as computer information systems, business analytics, data science, data analytics, math/statistics, or computer science. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required.
UPDATE: We are currently in process of selecting our September winner! Please check back soon.
2020 Scholarship Essay Topic
— What do you hope to contribute to the field of data science? *—
*Please include official sources within your essay to substantiate facts or claims.
The following section discusses the rules and guidelines for the scholarship essay award.
In This Section
- About the Application
- Who Can Apply
- Selection of Winner
- Agreement of Terms
- Conditions of Participation
- Equal Opportunity
- Common Questions
- Writers Checklist
- Begin Application
There will be two (2) scholarships presented, each as a $2,000 check made to an accredited university in the name of the winner. The scholarship is not transferable.
A minimum of 3.0 GPA is required.
Scholarship essay entries must be received on or before the date of the deadline. All scholarship essays must be submitted through the application form at the bottom of this page. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Multiple entries will disqualify you from this scholarship.
All scholarship essays must:
- Be written in English
- Answer this year’s essay contest question
- Be between 800 and 1,000 words long, excluding works cited
- Contain standardized citations and bibliography, if needed
WHO CAN APPLY
Any students pursuing undergraduate- or graduate-level degrees in any of the following fields:
- Business Analytics
- Data Science
- Data Analytics
- Computer Science
- Information Systems
Masters of Business Analytics.com announces two (2) scholarship awards of $2,000 bi-annually, specifically for Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or Information Systems. Those who most effectively answer the essay question will be considered for the scholarship.
Deadlines for Scholarships are September 1st and February 1st each year. Winners will be announced within 30 days of each deadline.
Sample of Previous Award Winners
Our organization has awarded over $20,000 in scholarships over the last 5 years to deserving students! It’s our way of giving back to help our future leaders.
Scholarship Winner – Spring 2019
University of Saint Mary
“My passion is for organizational health. I want to help people work together— firing on all cylinders and having a blast! Thank you for investing in my journey.”
Scholarship Winner – Fall 2018
“I am so thrilled! I will definitely put this to good use.”
Scholarship Winner – Spring 2018
Washington State University
“Words can hardly express my gratitude, but I am sincerely thankful and will do my utmost, to one day contribute to the educational needs of another student, as you have done for me. ”
Scholarship Winner – Fall 2017
Cal State University San Marcos
“I am beyond thrilled to receive the high honor of this scholarship. My passion for medicine began in the outdoors and it has been a journey ever since to accomplish my academic and professional goals. This award and the help it provides me in pursuing my dreams provides a giant step forward….”
SELECTION OF WINNER
A winner will be selected by a panel of experts. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Notification of the winner will be by email at the address provided on the application form. The scholarship may be awarded to an alternate candidate if the scholarship notification is not acknowledged within 14 days of the notification date.
AGREEMENT OF TERMS
By submitting an entry, the Applicant states that he/she agrees to all competition rules.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Scholarship is void where prohibited. Applicants agree to be bound by the terms of these rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Scholarship.
By entering the Scholarship, the Applicant represents that any essay is his/her original work, was not copied from any other source, does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and that the Applicant has the rights to convey any and all right and title to such essay.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY CONSIDERATION
Masters of Business Analytics.com does not discriminate based on age, race, sex, religion, disability status or sexual orientation. All essay scholarship applicants are considered equally, based upon their merits and strength of their essay and application.
*This Website has complete discretion in choosing the winners of each essay contest.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: What is the deadline to apply?
- A: The deadlines to apply are February 1st and September 1st each year.
- Q: When are awards given?
- A: Scholarship winners are announced within 30 days of deadline
- Q: What is the minimum GPA?
- A: The minimum GPA required to apply is 3.0. All GPAs will be verified before the award is given.
- Q: When is this scholarship offered?
- A: It is offered two times a year with due dates of September 1st and February 1st.
- Q: Do you need a letter of recommendation for this scholarship?
- A: Letters of recommendation are neither required nor accepted for this scholarship.
- Q: Is there a cost involved in submitting an application?
- A: There is no cost involved.
- Q: Can international students apply?
- A: International students are welcome to apply.
- Q: Is this program available to military personnel?
- A: All military are welcome.
- Q: Do I need to be a current student?
- A: Yes.
- Q: Where will the scholarship award check be sent?
- A: Payments will be sent directly to the college or university where you are studying.
- Q: Are you going to publish submitted essays anywhere?
- A: No.
- Q: What disqualifies an essay?
- A: Any essay that has false information or plagiarized material is disqualified immediately.
- Q: Who will determine the winners?
- A: Our staff will determine the winners.
- Q: Are students from technical programs and/or adult education programs eligible to participate?
- A: No.
- Q: Does the bibliography count toward the final word count?
- A: No.
- Q: Can I apply if I’m under 18?
- A: If you are under the age of 18, you may still apply, but a parent or legal guardian will have to verify before a financial award may be granted.
- Q: Who is Master’s of Business Analytics.com?
- A: MastersofBusinessAnalytics.com is a digital publication created to help showcase careers, degrees and newsworthy developments for professionals interested in business analytics, data science and data modeling. Our site is designed to educate and inform students of educational opportunities in business and data analytics. The scholarship is made possible by private funds from World Web Search, Inc, DBA TrafficWorx, a California company founded in 2002 to help students learn about higher education programs around the country. Located in beautiful San Diego, California, TrafficWorx was founded on the belief that education can be the silver bullet that changes a person’s trajectory in life.
*Please direct any additional questions, comments through our online contact form.
Just a few suggestions for you to look at before submitting your essay:
- Is your essay written in English?
- Does the essay answer this year’s essay contest question?
- Does your essay address all parts of the question?
- Is your essay no less than 800 and no more than 1,000 words long excluding works cited?
- Does your essay have standardized citations and bibliography?
BEGIN APPLICATION PROCESS
Simply complete the form below and submit before the due date.
OUR SCHOLARSHIP IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD.