Bruce Watson, Manager of Graduate Program Recruitment at Eller College of Management with The University of Arizona joins us today to discuss their Master of Science in Business Analytics degree program.
Bruce offers a fantastic insight into the University of Arizona’s accredited data analytics master’s program with a number of dual-degree options taught by world-class faculty.
1. Can you tell us about the business analytics program offered at The University of Arizona? *
Our Master’s in Business Analytics program provides students with a dive deep into advanced analytics to explore real-world applications for data-driven decision making. Using actual company data sets to solve business problems, build marketing strategies and identify new opportunities, students are able to work with top researchers who teach methods so new that they’re not in any textbooks. After our program, students are prepared to make an impact wherever their career takes them.
2. Is the GMAT & GRE required for acceptance into the program? Do international students have the same requirement? *
Yes, we require GMAT or GRE scores from all applicants, regardless of their residency. Students make take the exam of their choice. We do not have a preference for one over the other.
3. How long does a typical business analytics program take at The University of Arizona? What is the maximum and minimum time of completion? *
Our program is offered in either a 10 or 16 month format. The 10-month program begins in August each year with students graduating the following spring. The 16 month program begins in August each year and ends in December of the next year.
4. What do you think makes The University of Arizona business analytics program stand out from other programs offered by similar schools in your region*
In addition to being taught by our world-class faculty, students in Eller’s MSBA program are able to select from a number of dual degree options and can combine our MSBA degree with our MBA , MS in Accounting, MS in Finance, MS Management Information Systems, or MS in Marketing. This allows our students to tailor their experience to fit their goals. We also offer the option for students to take the program in two formats, either 10 or 16 months to fit their needs.
5. How important would you say accreditation is when choosing a business analytics program? *
Accreditation can play a crucial role in a student’s academic future. Often, universities and colleges will prefer or require that a student’s degree comes from a school with certain accreditation standard. Accreditation is a college’s or university’s way to show that they comply with rigorous standards of quality. As such, it is important for each student to do their research when selecting a program, regardless of what field they choose.
6. What are the advantages of earning a business analytics degree in general and where are you seeing employer demand with this degree? *
Analytics is one of the fastest growing and highest-demand fields today. The application for this type of degree is quite broad, with graduates going on to retail, supply chain, healthcare, business, fashion, and many other sectors and industries. The quantitative skillset that a student can gain in this area can open doors to so many possibilities. At Eller, we pride ourselves at having some of the best faculty in the world who bring their many years of industry experience with them to keep our student’s on the cutting edge.
7. Does The University of Arizona offer job placement for students who graduate with a business analytics degree? *
While we are not able to guarantee job placement as part of our graduate programs, we are here to set you up for success. Our graduate programs staff can assist students with resume reviews, mock interviews, letters of recommendation, and networking to connect with industry partners.
8. What type of financial aid packages are available for students in business analytics? Are there any fellowships, grants, and scholarships available? *
At this time, we are not able to offer scholarships or fellowships. Students may qualify for financial aid or loans through public, private, or governmental pathways depending on their individual situation.
9. Do you have any advice for students enrolling in a business analytics program at your university? *
Business Analytics is a constantly evolving field with a demand for students with strong quantitative skills. My advice is to do your research, select a program that is a good fit for you, and have a passion for math, statistics, data, and most importantly learning. Data is increasingly used to make a major decision in all industries and students who are interested in this area should be naturally curious and dedicated to staying informed.
10. What do you enjoy most about your position at The University of Arizona? *
I enjoy the diversity of the student population here at Eller. It is very fulfilling to see students from all walks of life take the steps necessary to achieve their goals and I enjoy being a part of that journey.
For more information on the business analytics program offered at Eller College of Management at The University of Arizona, visit them online. Thank you for sharing and participating in this piece.
That concludes our interview!