Francis E. Raymond, Interim Dean, MBA Director, Bellarmine University located in Louisville, Kentucky, joins us today to discuss their analytics degree program.
The Interim Dean offers a fantastic insight into ways students can learn analytics at Bellarmine University.
1. Can you tell us about the business analytics program offered at Bellarmine University? *
We offer several ways to learn analytics at our university.
We offer (1) a Concentration in Applied Business Analytics as part of our MBA Program, (2) a Certificate in Applied Business Analytics, (3) an undergraduate minor in business analytics (fall 2020).
2. Is the GMAT & GRE required for acceptance into the program? Do international students have the same requirement? *
GMAT is required for anyone who does not have at least 6 years of full-time work experience. International students may not have to take the GMAT if their TOEFL score is at least 83 and they have sufficient work or academic experience as determined by the MBA Director.
3. How long does a typical business analytics program take at Bellarmine University? What is the maximum and minimum time of completion? *
Depending on the track, the MBA can be completed in 12. 16 or 24 months. The undergraduate curriculum requires 120 credit hours for the Bachelor’s. The Business Analytics minor requires 24 credit hours of coursework including prerequisites.
4. What do you think makes the Bellarmine University analytics program stand out from other programs offered by similar schools in your region*
The MBA Concentration in Applied Business Analytics provides managers (with or without previous analytics experience) with a working knowledge of the most ubiquitous tools in analytics in a condensed sequence of coursework. The undergraduate minor is connected to our business core and sits inside a Data Science major (managed by computer science department).
5. How important would you say accreditation is when choosing a business analytics program? *
6. What are the advantages of earning a business analytics degree in general and where are you seeing employer demand with this degree? *
Analytics will become as essential to business education as accounting or organizational behavior. It will soon be something in which all managers will need to have basic competency in order to understand the data generated by their businesses.
7. Does the Bellarmine University offer job placement for students who graduate with a business analytics degree? *
We work with employers to secure internships or jobs for all our students, regardless of their specific concentrations or majors.
8. What type of financial aid packages are available for students in business analytics? Are there any fellowships, grants, and scholarships available? *
We have nothing specific to Business Analytics, but other scholarships exist.
9. Do you have any advice for students enrolling in a business analytics program at Bellarmine University? *
Come with a good attitude and ready to work.
10. What do you enjoy most about your position at Bellarmine University? *
The student Interaction
For more information on the business analytics programs offered at Bellarmine University, visit them online.
Thank you for sharing and participating in this piece.
That concludes our interview!