Dr. Murad Moqbel, Director, Master of Science in Business Analytics Program and Assistant Professor of Information Systems at the Robert C. Vackar College of Business and Entrepreneurship, joins us today to discuss their Online Master of Science in Business Analytics degree program.
Dr. Moqbel offers fantastic insight into UTRGV’s AACSB accredited data analytics master’s program offered with an Online option.
1. Can you tell us about the Online business analytics program offered at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley? *
The 100% online Master of Science in Business Analytics program from the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) AACSB-accredited Robert C. Vackar College of Business & Entrepreneurship will prepare students to solve problems in business and organizational contexts which require the application of information systems to carry out sophisticated business analytics techniques. Students will be knowledgeable and skilled in data selection, collection, preparation and storage, visualization, and analysis using data analytics techniques such as data mining, machine learning, text mining, social media analytics, big data, and enterprise analytics. Students will obtain hands-on experience with cutting-edge analytics tools and software such as R, Python and Tableau. Students can take 7-week courses in a 100% online format with a total of 33 credit hours. Courses include 24 core credit hours and nine elective credit hours.
2. Is the GMAT & GRE required for acceptance into the Online program? Do international students have the same requirement? *
A GMAT or GRE scores are required, but a waiver is available if a student has either of the following (1) a graduate degree (Masters of doctoral), (2) 3.25 or higher overall undergraduate GPA or 3.5 or higher GPA in last 60 hours, (3) Holds a professional certification of high standards (e.g., CPA, CFA). Yes.
3. How long does a typical Online business analytics program take at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley? What is the maximum and minimum time of completion? *
The average student graduates in approximately one year and a half. However, students can graduate in one year as well or take as much as two years to graduate.
4. What do you think makes the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Online business analytics program stand out from other programs offered by similar schools in your region*
We have the following:
1- Affordable tuition
2- AACSB-Accredited program
3- STEM-Certified program
4- Accelerated 7-week courses
5- GMAT waiver available
6- High salary potential after graduating from the program
5. How important would you say accreditation is when choosing an Online business analytics program? *
Very important because it indicates the quality of the program.
6. What are the advantages of earning a business analytics degree in general and where are you seeing employer demand with this degree? *
There is a high demand for individuals with analytics skills. For example, by 2020, it is predicted that there will be 2.7 million job postings for data science and data analytics roles.
7. Does the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley offer job placement for students who graduate with a business analytics degree? *
We are working on it.
8. What type of financial aid packages are available for students in business analytics? Are there any fellowships, grants, and scholarships available? *
Students admitted into the program as full-time students are eligible to apply for graduate assistantships and any other scholars available at UTRGV.
9. Do you have any advice for students enrolling in a business analytics program at your university? *
I would say it is a commitment to pursue such a degree. Although it will be challenging at times, it will be rewarding at the end.
10. What do you enjoy most about your position at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley? *
Working with and helping students succeed.
For more information on the online business analytics program offered at University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, visit them online.
Thank you for sharing and participating in this piece.
That concludes our interview!