Michael Weber, Dean of the Graduate School of Business at the University of Maine, joins us today to discuss their analytics degree program.
The Dean offers a fantastic insight into their Business Analytics for the MBA at the University of Maine.
1. Can you tell us about the business analytics program offered at the University of Maine? *
We offer a 12 credit concentration in Business Analytics for the MBA, and a 15 credit Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics.
2. Is the GMAT & GRE required for acceptance into the program? Do international students have the same requirement? *
Yes. and Yes.
3. How long does a typical business analytics program take at the University of Maine? What is the maximum and minimum time of completion? *
The program can take between 1 and 3 years
4. What do you think makes the University of Maine analytics program stand out from other programs offered by similar schools in your region*
We focus on decision making skills
5. How important would you say accreditation is when choosing a business analytics program? *
Very important! Accreditation is a metric for assessing quality.
6. What are the advantages of earning a business analytics degree in general and where are you seeing employer demand with this degree? *
We see a very strong market for employees with Business Analytics skills. We estimate that there are 5 jobs for every applicant.
7. Does the University of Maine offer job placement for students who graduate with a business analytics degree? *
8. What type of financial aid packages are available for students in business analytics? Are there any fellowships, grants, and scholarships available? *
Yes, we offer competitive and need-based grants and scholarships
9. Do you have any advice for students enrolling in a business analytics program at the University of Maine? *
Get ready for a career that is intellectually and financially rewarding!
10. What do you enjoy most about your position at the University of Maine? *
Working with students and delivering on our 95% placement rate.
For more information on the business analytics programs offered at the University of Maine, visit them online.
Thank you for sharing and participating in this piece.
That concludes our interview!